Moving into my own house studio was so exciting while I was planning it, and doing it. Arranging everything in my small studio, getting the kiln hooked up, I was so excited. Then, without very much pot making going on, I realized that somewhere in my psyche, I equated the new studio with "now I have to do it. I have to produce and make money. I have to go to work. WORK!!!!" (a nod, of course to Maynard G. Crebbs).
In a way, the summer is the best time for this to happen, because my 'season' if there is one, starts in the fall. I can take a week or two to chill and think and do other thinks to support a business, like, finally getting my Etsy Shop in order. (help). Then I'll have 2-3 solid months to create inventory for fall and 2-3 solid months to create my spring pieces.
And this year I wanted to put a show together, "The Seder Plate: The Story of a People". So, I have a plan, I have shows booked for the fall and spring. So, what is my problem???? I think I miss the energy that comes from working with other artists. Going to the Toe River Tour was so much fun and the work was inspiring and I miss not being in the RAD. I don't miss Odyssey, but I miss the artists there and the support from others in the District. Just venting, I guess. I can't really stay away from the clay, it in my blood now. Just another crossroad, I guess. New work coming next week.
Potters Yard Sale September 12th 10am to 2pm at Odyssey Clayworks
-
September 12th 10am to 2pm at Odyssey Clayworks. 236 Clingman Ave, Asheville
Join us Saturday the 12th for our annual Potters Yard Sale at Odyssey
Cla...
19 hours ago
Can't wait to see the new work!
ReplyDelete