Friday, March 18, 2011

Almost There

I have, for the last several months, been preparing, planning, organizing and realizing the dream of having my own studio.  I gave up my studio a Odyssey Studios & Gallery at the end of January, took a shelf there for a month during transition and have, except for one more bisque kiln and the possibility of taking classes there in future, left Odyssey, altogether.  I take with me valuable training by talented teachers and some new good friends.

I have not had time to organize the actual workspace, but I am working on actual orders from customers I've met at the various Jewish Festivals at which I have shown my work.  The task seemed daunting, until I was referred a UNCA ceramics grad who would very much like studio space in exchange for being my assistant.  And, this weekend, I am having the back patio covered and my Skutt KM-1227-3 installed.  Additional shelving and storage will be built in the coming weeks, so that, by May, I think I'll be ready to have a Clay Club meeting here.

So, if the "creek don't rise", and today it seems like it might, Oy Clay!!! Pottery and My Wonky Pots Studio are almost there.

2 comments:

  1. I have been blogging about the crazy studio construction I have had going on for the last month. It is a mind altering experience! Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey. I just read your recent posts and love the studio you're building. I wanted a separate shed set up like yours, but can't do it right now. Luckily I have a sunroom in the back of the house with great windows, but it's a challenge to keep the clay dust out of the house. Would love to add you to my blog list. Would hope you'd do the same. Good luck with your project, as well.

    ReplyDelete