Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dug Out!!

No, it's not baseball season yet. Far from it, But, I am out of the house and feeling very very lucky and grateful that I was safe and warm. So many were without power and heat, as well as being stuck.

Went to the studio today, and only lost one pot to drying too quickly.

I've had some time to think about creating a line of work. Trying to create a signature of my own that will carry through the various pieces of Judaica is challenging. I could figure it out it I were creating a line of dishes and jugs, vases, etc. But something that will carry across the entire Jewish calendar...I don't know. Needs some more thought and some input from someone more experienced than I.

I have several motifs that I've been using, two color palates each for high fire and mid fire, however, none is appropriate for all.

Any input on this topic will be appreciated. Might be a great topic for Clay Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment