Saturday, June 19, 2010

Status Update

So, this is what's been going on.  For the last few months, I have been feeling very ill.  I try to deny it and push through it, but, there it is.  So I finally went to the doctor.  I was convinced that I had Congestive Heart Failure. So now I've had one sleep study, blood work an MRI.  The upshot it that I am borderline just about everything, except obese, which I am with a vengeance.  So I am now being treated as though I have Diabetes II, even though my numbers do not call for the diagnosis.  I have a blood sugar monitor, and until they do a proper sleep study, I am sleeping with oxygen, if you can call it sleep.  They say I'll get used to it or a C-Pap if I have apnea.  No CHF, but still a candidate for it, as my diastolic blood pressure is high and that is very bad. 

So I've come to a crossroad, a real moment of choice.  On the border, the edge of the sea.  Let's see how well I choose my path.

1 comment:

  1. They say that the journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step... If I could give you any advice at all - it would be -- to be gentle and kind to yourself... Congratulations that your journey of self-care began with a trip to the doctor! You are worth taking care of!!!

    ReplyDelete